Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What a Day

So yesterday was our first "official" home school day and it went really well. I was quite pleased with myself. The Kids decided they want to read Charlotte's Web, which I LOVE, so we started that yesterday and got a quarter of the way through it in one sitting. I created little bins with an assortment of things for the kids to do while I read, there is paper, crayons a notepad and one special Item, Such as Bizy has some lacing shapes (Her sewing). This worked amazingly well!!! WE also had a mini lesson on anatomy, I got some books form the library and we went through a couple of them, discussing different things. Then we had 'Mom; time, where I let each child choose what they want to do, Bubba just wants to read alot, so we read all sorts of Dr. Seuss books, and other books he chooses from the book shelve. Bizy wants to learn to read, so we've started 100 Easy Lessons. She also got this cool crunch art thing for Christmas, and we did that too. Buddy is WAY into math so we played Cash Flow for Kids, and he LOVED it.

All in all I feel very good about the way the day went yesterday. Though I still have a lot of organizing to do, my family room is a disaster. I have all the home school stuff out and I am going through it all, and finding places for it.

I also joined a fitness assessment through Curves, my first workout was last night. My sister-in-law and I are doing it together. I was so saddened when I saw my weight, and even more sad when I saw my body fat %. :( We will be going three times a week, in the morning and hopefully this will kick start myself into weight loss mode. Now that I am not nursing, the weight should come off fairly fast.... I hope.....

No comments: