Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Seriously?!?!?


Ok, so I got a knock on my door yesterday, it was the power company, informing us that they were going to trim our trees away from the power lines. I thought, ok, a trim, maybe a few branches here and there to get them away from the power lines.

Well, apparently my idea of a trim and their idea of a trim are two totally different ideas. I woke up to a chainsaw (and a migraine). My neighbor came to my door asking if I had seen what they were doing to our trees, I said no I hadn't and we went to the back yard, where my three east trees had been completely topped!. They chopped my trees!!! I told them to stop cutting the trees until we figured out a compromise. I understand it isnt the trimmers fault, it is their supervisors who insist on them cutting away their 14 foot easement, and also an additional 4-5 feet so they don't have to come back and trim the trees for a few years. I would have been fine with them trimming their 14 foot easement, but to cut my trees literally in half!!! That is not accaptable!!! My trees look horrible, the shade they provided for our back yard is now extinct, and the sound barrier from the busy street behind us is gone! I am SO mad, and unfortunatlly there is nothing we can do about it!!! Seriously, they should burry the lines, not keep hacking peoples trees! So I have had a very stressful morning and all I want to do is cry and sleep. Luckly I saved the last three form being totally mutilated, GRRRRR!!!!

I hate the power company at the moment!!!

No comments: